This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [2.23 PATCH] Desupport regexp.h (bug 18681)
- From: Stefan Liebler <stli at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 09:28:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: [2.23 PATCH] Desupport regexp.h (bug 18681)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150805152109 dot 2FDA114B9A at panix1 dot panix dot com> <mqs78o$a16$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <55D1E207 dot 30203 at panix dot com> <20150817135629 dot GE1584 at vapier> <CAKCAbMhzyp8gTcn073+a7R7Hgz3t=ntYKouWH-AfhWPr8OnQqQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <mvm8u9aezn8 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <CAKCAbMhw=fF1w5z7nCKurVMcX+g2DJcFETaJ66tTFsLB=gs0iQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <55D1FDAE dot 6000000 at panix dot com>
On 08/17/2015 05:28 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 11:08 AM, Zack Weinberg <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Just now I did this again and also ran `git clean -dxf` in the source
tree (which deleted only editor backups) and -- this is a little weird
-- it compiles without complaint, but the VERSION_libc_GLIBC_2_xx
#defines in abi-versions.h only go up to 2_22.
I take that back. I *am* getting the same warning as Stefan, it just
didn't cause a build failure and scrolled off the top of my terminal.
The misc/Versions change suggested by Mike does cure the problem, so
here is a properly formatted patch.
For information: the testet architectures were s390x and x86_64.
VERSION_libc_GLIBC_2_23 is defined with this patch and the warning does
not occur anymore. Verified on both architectures.