This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC] Add IFUNC support for MIPS (v3)
- From: Faraz Shahbazker <faraz dot shahbazker at imgtec dot com>
- To: "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 12:18:00 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Add IFUNC support for MIPS (v3)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <DCB1C42372B1674B8F912A294CCB775A71684631 at BADAG02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <87k2tdn5xt dot fsf at googlemail dot com> <55BFC10F dot 2050503 at imgtec dot com> <87k2tapwq0 dot fsf at googlemail dot com> <55CE5217 dot 5020902 at imgtec dot com> <87io8f2gc9 dot fsf at googlemail dot com>
On 08/16/2015 12:17 PM, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> We should probably report an error in cases where we see a global symbol
> and the tag isn't defined, rather than silently mislink the code.
A REL32 reloc with an IFUNC symbol could very well be for a data section.
Though its safe to assume that there would be a corresponding relocation for
the explicit GOT region as well, we wouldn't know which is which trivially,
from inspecting the relocation. Wouldn't it look confusing if we check for the
presence of GENERAL_GOTNO even for relocations that don't modify the general