This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
3 quick points
- From: peek at kutek dot info
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 20:53:26 -0400
- Subject: 3 quick points
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
1) since there is an extensive history which the record shows you are all
aware of, I mention that the statically built gcc/libgcc_eh.a problem
persists in 2.22 (make check dropped dead within seconds).
I resolved this simply with ln -s libgcc.a libgcc_eh.a
2) with --disable-mathvec, make install drops dead, since it apparently is
insisting that this library be built, and at a point I believe is before zone,
locale, and other necessities are getting installed.
3) with --enable-mathvec, all my compilation tools ( eg gcc from ver 4.6.X
thru 5.2.X , gawk, and perl) refuse to run with
"error while loading shared libraries: /lib/libm.so.6 invalid ELF header"
which makes it impossible to recompile them or anything else without a
please take this thing off to a dark corner somewhere and ...quietly strangle it.
32 bit i386 compile,which went smoothly until the above.