This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Remove incorrect register mov in floorf on x86_64
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 05:34:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove incorrect register mov in floorf on x86_64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150814103330 dot GA15748 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com> <20150814111204 dot GA20519 at domone> <20150814111949 dot GK24813 at spoyarek dot pnq dot redhat dot com>
On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 4:19 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 01:12:04PM +0200, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
>> It isn't incorrect, just dead move. Ok for me.
> No, it loads an arbitrary value (we don't know what is in %rax at that
> point) into %rdx and overwrites the struct address.
Thanks for catching it. I checked in your patch together with the same
fix for sysdeps/x86_64/fpu/multiarch/s_nearbyint.S