This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] getsysstats: use sysinfo() instead of parsing /proc/meminfo
- From: Rasmus Villemoes <rv at rasmusvillemoes dot dk>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 14:04:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] getsysstats: use sysinfo() instead of parsing /proc/meminfo
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1439471796-17003-1-git-send-email-rv at rasmusvillemoes dot dk> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1508131451290 dot 5815 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Thu, Aug 13 2015, Joseph Myers <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Aug 2015, Rasmus Villemoes wrote:
>> +sysinfo_mempages(unsigned long int num, unsigned int mem_unit)
> Missing space before '('. Appears several times in this patch.
> How was this patch tested?
Only compile-tested, admittedly.
> I'd have expected linknamespace test failures from the calls to
> sysinfo (that is, I'd expect you to need to make sysinfo into a weak
> alias for __sysinfo and call __sysinfo here to avoid such namespace
You're right. But I'm afraid I'll need more specific advice to fix
-sysinfo EXTRA sysinfo i:p sysinfo
+sysinfo EXTRA sysinfo i:p __sysinfo sysinfo
to syscalls.list wasn't enough. Where should I put a prototype for
__sysinfo? I assume sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/sys/sysinfo.h is the wrong
place, since that's the installed header.