This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] locale: Do not define lang_ab for tcy_IN and bhb_IN
- From: Marko Myllynen <myllynen at redhat dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 13:01:22 +0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] locale: Do not define lang_ab for tcy_IN and bhb_IN
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1437460782-26082-1-git-send-email-raj dot khem at gmail dot com> <20150721065332 dot GB12267 at vapier>
- Reply-to: myllynen at redhat dot com
On 2015-07-21 09:53, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On 20 Jul 2015 23:39, Khem Raj wrote:
>> After renaming localedef now complains and build fails
>> LC_ADDRESS: field `lang_ab' must not be defined
>> earlier the names were similar to lang_ab definitions 'tu' or 'bh'
>> but after rename they are not.
> my understanding is that lang_ab can only contain iso-639-1 (which are two
> letters), so if the lang doesn't appear there (these only have iso-639-3
> three letter codes), we omit the value.
you're correct and amazingly enough this is even documented: