Re: Please update version and target milestone in bugzilla

On Wed, 5 Aug 2015, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> On 05 Aug 2015 09:26, H.J. Lu wrote:
> > Glibc 2.22 has been release.  Please add 2.22 to version and
> > add 2.23 to target milestone in bugzilla so that we can open
> > and close bug against 2.22 and 2.23.
>
> should we just pre-populate this with a few future versions so we don't have
> to remember to do this with every release ?  i.e. add 2.2[0-9] to the drop
> down list now.

We have a detailed release checklist at
<https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release>, so it isn't a matter of
remembering.  This process however hasn't yet been completed for 2.22 (for
example, the announcements aren't out yet).

I don't know to what extent the various steps in the release checklist
could be automated, so that a single script handles everything (given
access to all the relevant systems).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com