This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Please update version and target milestone in bugzilla
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 12:11:37 +0000
- Subject: Re: Please update version and target milestone in bugzilla
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOp=xwnf7qXfhr83qhsYkKkGhg+-eWoFoZy-=CVtLuLx6g at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150806022927 dot GP26572 at vapier>
On Wed, 5 Aug 2015, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On 05 Aug 2015 09:26, H.J. Lu wrote:
> > Glibc 2.22 has been release. Please add 2.22 to version and
> > add 2.23 to target milestone in bugzilla so that we can open
> > and close bug against 2.22 and 2.23.
> should we just pre-populate this with a few future versions so we don't have
> to remember to do this with every release ? i.e. add 2.2[0-9] to the drop
> down list now.
We have a detailed release checklist at
<https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release>, so it isn't a matter of
remembering. This process however hasn't yet been completed for 2.22 (for
example, the announcements aren't out yet).
I don't know to what extent the various steps in the release checklist
could be automated, so that a single script handles everything (given
access to all the relevant systems).
Joseph S. Myers