This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Remove locale timezone information
- From: keld at keldix dot com
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: Marko Myllynen <myllynen at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, libc-locales at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 15:00:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove locale timezone information
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <556F23C9 dot 3030500 at redhat dot com> <557AE725 dot 5050104 at redhat dot com> <20150805090748 dot GH26572 at vapier> <20150805100126 dot GA11842 at www5 dot open-std dot org> <20150805102233 dot GA12350 at www5 dot open-std dot org> <mvm4mket417 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <20150805105841 dot GA16488 at www5 dot open-std dot org> <mvm4mkdsyxz dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de>
On Wed, Aug 05, 2015 at 02:27:04PM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> firstname.lastname@example.org writes:
> > Furthermore, Olsen TZ data does not allow for DST changes over years, while the
> > locale timezone data do allow this, providing correct time display for
> > also older data, including in the USA, where the DST change was changed from
> > end of September to end of October at some point. This also
> > happened many places in Europe.
> ??? It's exactly the other way round. The POSIX timezone has no
True, POSIX has no history, but I was talking about ISO TR 14652 and 30112, which have history.
And I see that Olson tx data has history, but not in a format compatible with POSIX TZ.