This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Another GLIBC build error with GCC6
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- Cc: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, sellcey at imgtec dot com
- Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 09:37:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: Another GLIBC build error with GCC6
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55C12065 dot 8080101 at twiddle dot net> <55C15492 dot 4090703 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <55C19942 dot 4000905 at twiddle dot net>
Richard Henderson <email@example.com> writes:
> On 08/04/2015 05:10 PM, Paul Eggert wrote:
>> On 08/04/2015 01:28 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:
>>> I believe you can just change L to UL and it should all Just Work.
>> Yes, though it's still confusing code. A better approach is in:
>>> Probably a formulation like #define DT_EXTRATAGIDX(tag) ((tag) - (DT_HIPROC -
>>> DT_EXTRANUM)) would be a lot better. And understandable, from a "what the
>>> hell is this trying to do" standpoint. r~
>> Right idea, though that particular formulation looks backwards -- see Andreas's
>> suggestion as codified in:
> It isn't backward, in that it retains the current indexing.
The current indexing _is_ backwards, your replacement would reverse
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."