This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc build - timestamps on syslog are in UTC/GMT
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: "S1, SRIKANTH (SRIKANTH)" <srikanth dot s1 at alcatel-lucent dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: "A, KRISHNA PRAMOD (KRISHNA PRAMOD)" <krishna_pramod dot a at alcatel-lucent dot com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 09:42:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: glibc build - timestamps on syslog are in UTC/GMT
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <659E7C41D3BFC34DB635F2C3BC806B5F1B964D at SG70XWXCHMBA02 dot zap dot alcatel-lucent dot com> <55BA7B81 dot 30101 at redhat dot com> <659E7C41D3BFC34DB635F2C3BC806B5F1B9A5B at SG70XWXCHMBA02 dot zap dot alcatel-lucent dot com>
On 08/03/2015 09:00 AM, S1, SRIKANTH (SRIKANTH) wrote:
> Hi Florian,
> I have attached the zone information files for your reference, we do not have a flavor that runs on fedora or debian,
> We tried both ways of setting TZ variable,
> Using zone name eg Asia/Kolkata or specifying the filename itself ":/etc/localtime"
> Please note that it works for a few zones like eastern central etc, but for others the timestamp goes to UTC/GMT
Thanks, I will try to figure out what is going on.
One more question: Have you run the glibc testsuite? Did it report any
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security