Re: Machine maintainer veto.

On Mon, 2015-07-06 at 13:09 -0500, Steven Munroe wrote:
> It takes at least two to be constructive.

Agreed.

> Some like argue perfection or
> require convincing everyone (not just GLIBC community members) to change
> what they are already doing to a more "correct" way.

I don't understand this sentence.

> Like saying users
> are stupid and they doing it wrong is not constructive.

Agreed on the "are stupid", but saying that they are doing something
that is not something glibc wants to support is not something that's
necessarily bad.

> Straw-man, slipper slope, moral hazards argument should be excluded,
> because there there no rational response to a an irrational argument.
>
> If we don't restrain this behavior, we allow individuals to block
> platform specific patches indefinitely.

That goes both ways.  You can apply the same concerns to the other way
around.  We need to find rules that are acceptable for all sides.