Re: Stepping down

On Wed, 10 Jun 2015, Rich Felker wrote:

> Did you see this?
>
> http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/647636/fdb277e9550d7141/
>
> So far their work is focused on sh2/nommu, which glibc probably
> doesn't support, but keeping/restoring superh as a

There is no no-MMU support in glibc (though I see no reason in principle
it shouldn't be possible to support it cleanly enough to get accepted if
anyone wishes to contribute patches - ELF no-MMU binaries not FLT, that
is).

Note that the SH2 FDPIC GCC support never got upstream (it was posted, but
there were disagreements about the implementation approach that were never
resolved).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com