Proposed patch to sync tz from upstream

I noticed that the timezone files contained some non-UTF-8 text and thought I'd fix that the simplest way I could think of, namely by upgrading to the current version of the upstream code and data (which has standardized on UTF-8). The patch is fairly large (mostly just mindless copying from tz) so I've compressed it in the 2nd attachment to this email. The 1st attachment contains the interesting bits, i.e., the parts not simply copied from the tz code and data, or simply deleted.