Re: [klibc] kernel/libc uapi changes for y2038

Arnd Bergmann dixit:

>In the patch series I posted recently [1], I introduce new system calls to deal
>with modified data structures, but left the question open on how these should
>be best accessed from libc. The patches introduce a new __kernel_time64_t type

Can we please have ioctls fixed for mixed 32/64-bit systems
such as MIPS (o32/n32/n64) and x86 (i386/x32/amd64) first,
before even more such chance for breakage is introduced?

I still need to use an amd64 chroot on my x32 system to do
things such as set up iptables, because those ioctls break,
because they contain data structures that contain, well,
time types. Your proposal has a nÅn-zero chance to bring
these issues to i386 (and other architectures).

Thanks,
//mirabilos
--
<ch> you introduced a merge commit        â<mika> % g rebase -i HEAD^^
<mika> sorry, no idea and rebasing just fscked â<mika> Segmentation