Re: Please clean up patchwork

On 04 May 2015 11:53, Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 05/04/2015 11:11 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> > A developer need have only 4 accounts (in order of importance):
> >
> > * git
> > * bugzilla
> > * patchwork
> > * wiki
> >
> > If you are a release manager you may have more.
> >
> > Is that too many accounts?
>
> Uh, yeah.  It's three accounts too many.  Maybe four.
>
> In contrast, I have just one account for Emacs, coreutils, Gnulib, Tar,
> grep, Autoconf, Automake, Bison, Diffutils, gzip, M4, Paxutils, RCS, and
> sed.  That's not one account per project; it's one account for all the
> projects.  WIth it I can do git/cvs/whatever, bug maintenance, web
> pages, releases, the works.

i don't think you're being entirely fair here

technically the sourceware accounts apply to all sourceware projects, not just
glibc.  so those apply to gdb, binutils, glibc, newlib, etc...

i'm also pretty sure that your git/cvs/whatever, while you're using the same
account name, are not using the same credentials.  you had to go into the
savannah site and add your ssh keys.  which is also how sourceware does it.

but it would be nice if the bugzilla/patchwork/wiki account dbs were merged.
-mike