Re: GNU Cauldron 2015 - The GNU C Library BoF

On Thu, 2015-04-30 at 22:03 -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Please feel free to suggest more topic points and I'll aggregate
> them all for the BoF.

I proposed one talk about glibc concurrency:

Abstract: I will give an overview of recent and future changes to
concurrent code in glibc.  In particular, I will cover (1) the
transition to a C11-like memory model and data-race-freedom, (2) updates
to the futex documentation and how this relates to POSIX/C++ mutex
destruction requirements, and (3) the new semaphore and condition
variable algorithms.  I will also give an outlook on ongoing or future
work: read-write lock scalability and spinning vs. blocking.

I also proposed a tutorial about how to write modern concurrent code in
C/C++.