Re: Please clean up patchwork

From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@redhat.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 22:19:03 -0400

> On 04/30/2015 02:54 PM, David Miller wrote:
>> From: Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com>
>> Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 16:38:17 +0000
>>
>>> Making such updates for other people's patches is a good idea as
>>> well if you can reliably determine the state of a patch.
>>
>> If someone would volunteer to do this on an ongoing basis that would
>> really be beneficial in the long term.
>>

> I try to do it as often as I can, and all glibc maintainers in patchwork
> have the ability to do this (if your account is tagged as such, and yours
> is).
>
> For example your SPARC patch 6471 should be in Committed. I've fixed it
> for you, and tagged another 15-20 patches as Committed which were obviously
> so.

I did so for my patches where COMMITTED was in the Subject line.  I intended
to do a deeper scan as I found time.

> Other than person to person nagging and continued vigilance how does the
> kernel fix this problem?

I handle all of the kernel networking patchwork state changes all by
myself 24 hours a day.  It is accurate basically all the time, since
everything networking flows through my tree.

Other major subsystem maintainers do likewise.

And this works because they all have their own GIT trees and just
update patchwork as they apply patches directly pull from people's GIT
trees.  It's just a natural and integrated part of every subsystem
maintainer's workflow.