Re: Volunteer to be the release manager for glibc 2.22 (August 2015)!

On 02/27/2015 04:08 PM, Kyle McMartin wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 10:09:28PM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> Would anyone like to volunteer to run the glibc 2.22 release in August?
>>

> I'm willing to step up and run the release, though I'd understand any
> hesitation since it'd be my first.

I would be happy to have you as the release manager for 2.22.

For the record I've known Kyle for over 10 years, him and I worked
on hppa gnu/linux in the dim past, and currently work on tools issues
at Red Hat. Kyle does kernel work and tools work as required.

Being the RM involves following the release process here:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/

Maintaining state in the official release page here as we approach the release:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.22

Then you count down to the release, try to get the machine maintainers
to do their testing, and then cut the release. Near the end you have veto
over what goes in and what doesn't, with guidance from senior developers
all along the way.

I'd suggest cleaning up the "X.Y" bits in the 2.22 release page and updating
the Release page itself to list you as the RM and update your contact info.

If anyone objects to Kyle being the RM, please say so.

Cheers,
Carlos.