glibc 2.21 is almost ready --- branch on Tuesday with trunk likely reopened Wednesday February 4th.

Siddhesh, Andreas,

Given GHOST's popularity, I would like to see Paul's patch
for bug 16618 included in 2.21, despite the fact that the
bug has remained unfixed since 2014-02-21.

Could both of you please review bug 16618[1] for inclusion
into 2.21? You are most familiar with this code, and
unfortunately I'm travelling back form Europe very shortly
or I would also review.

If you one of you agree it's a correct fix, please check it
in (v2 with test case). I'm still worried about the overflow
checking for `2 * wpmax`, and would be happier to see something
better.

If all goes well I'll do a final round of test on Tuesday and
cut the 2.21 branch Tuesday night EST, and reopen trunk.

Cheers,
Carlos.

[1] https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2015-02/msg00009.html