Re: glibc 2.21 - Master is frozen solid at -26 degC.

From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 23:59:56 -0500

> It's -26 degC in Deep River Ontario and the Ottawa river
> is frozen solid ... and so is master.
>
> Please TO: me on all patches and I'll ACK them throughout
> the day EST time.
>
> Manual fixes, obvious comment cleanups, and build fixes
> within machine-specific files are OK.
>
> Thank you to everyone who has already posted test results
> for your machine. Please keep testing.
>
> If you need help, please ask for it.

So I've got 32-bit sparcv9 and 64-bit sparc working by just blowing away
all of the existing sparc sem_*.c files.

I tried a pure 32-bit sparc build to start working on that part and I
get very non-helpful warnings (which are treated as errors) during the
NPTL build:

nptl-init.c: In function ʽsighandler_setxidʼ:
nptl-init.c:242:1: error: optimization may eliminate reads and/or writes to register variables [-Werror=volatile-register-var]
nptl-init.c:242:1: error: optimization may eliminate reads and/or writes to register variables [-Werror=volatile-register-var]

I get these all over the NPTL code, and every instance points to the
function's declaration rather than at any code within the function, which
makes tracking down what it's unhappy about not so easy.

I'll keep digging into this.