Re: glibc 2.21 - Machine maintainers, please test your machines.

On 1/23/2015 4:32 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
Dear Machine Maintainers,

Please start testing your machines against glibc
master.

Please update the glibc 2.21 release page with your
testing results:

https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.21

If nobody objects I want to cut the release as soon
as we have results for all the machines.

Cheers,
Carlos.

tilegx64 is fine (modulo the one bug compiler bug that has been outstanding for multiple glibc releases now).

tilegx32 has a bunch of new failures, all of which manifest as bus errors:

FAIL: nptl/tst-sem14
FAIL: nptl/tst-sem3
FAIL: nptl/tst-sem6
FAIL: nptl/tst-signal3
FAIL: nptl/tst-tls2
FAIL: nptl/tst-tls3

I assume these are all from the new semaphore code but have not had an opportunity to look more closely.  One thing that could cause this is if somehow we are trying to do atomic operations on 64-bit values that aren't aligned to an 8-byte boundary.

--
Chris Metcalf, EZChip Semiconductor
http://www.ezchip.com