Re: Adding reentrancy information to safety notes?

On Dec 31, 2014, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:

> That is not the definition of reentrancy that I had in mind.

Since reentrant is such an overloaded term, how about using the term
Recursion-Safe, that AFAICT covers only the concept you have in mind.
Another possible term that occurs to me is Synchronously Reentrant, to
indicate it doesn't cover asynchronous reentrancy out of signals or
multiple threads.  We could then shorten it as SR-Safe.

Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer