Re: Only 23 days left of active development before master freezes.

On 12/18/2014 11:58 AM, David Miller wrote:
> From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@redhat.com>
> Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:02:16 -0500
>
>> The freeze is only intended to prevent new features from being added
>> late in the development cycle.
>>
>> Part of the freeze process for this release could include fixing all
>> targets to compile, and then test them.
>>
>> This way we don't have new code going in last minute because I haven't
>> called a freeze.
>>
>> Would that satisfy your requirements?
>
> You're simply creating a situation where people who work on said
> targets aren't going to get any meaningful work done because all
> they will be doing is fixing the build.

You are correct, you can't get meaningful work done until the
builds are fixed. That's what everybody is working on.

If you don't see the value in -Werror, then I can understand
why you're upset by the build breakage. Is this the case?

Do you need help fixing up sparc? Do you have a sparc box?
I can help.

Cheers,
Carlos.