Re: [RFC] Add fast path for strcoll and strcasecmp

Hi OndÅej,

as far as I understood, the current strcoll implementation scans both strings for collation sequences and compares the weights of them, whereby a collation sequence can be multiple bytes long. So whatever strcmp_l returns as index, you would need a general way of finding the start of the collation sequence this index is in. Unfortunately I cannot tell if or how this can be done.

BTW I have implemented a benchmark for strcoll that is not-yet-pushed because I didn't manage to patch the bench-tests Makefile to generate additionally needed locales (https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-10/msg00431.html).

Leonhard