Re: new gconv module

> It depends.  Is it a multi-byte encoding?

I wrote two modules, one is multi-byte (based on ISO2022),
and the other is not, (ISO_6937 + euro sign).
I admit that those encodings are not so generic,
but both of them are public, standard-defined encodings:
ARIB STD-B24 Volume 1, Part 2, Chapter 7.1:
 http://www.arib.or.jp/english/html/overview/doc/6-STD-B24v5_2-1p3-E1.pdf
ETSI EN300-468 Annex A, table00:
 http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_en/300400_300499/300468/01.14.01_60/en_300468v011401p.pdf

> such obscure encodings, because they are network-accessible by default
> through several popular applications, and bugs in them affect *all*

Sorry for my ignorance,
but what do you mean by "network-accessible by default"?
Are there web-apps that convert character encodings?

regards,
Akihiro