Re: new gconv module

On 10/22/2014 02:16 PM, Akihiro TSUKADA wrote:
> I have a question about contribution to the iconv modules.
> I wrote new gconv modules for the character encodings
> which are used only in digital television systems,
> and I'd like to contribute them if it is possible.
> Is it possible to contribute such application-domain specific
> (not general) gconv modules?

It depends.  Is it a multi-byte encoding?

Personally, I'm reluctant to accept new gconv modules, especially for
such obscure encodings, because they are network-accessible by default
through several popular applications, and bugs in them affect *all*
glibc users (not those who regularly process files using these encodings).