Re: RFCv2: Add tests for namespace for static linking

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014, Roland McGrath wrote:

> I haven't tried to understand the implementation and only roughly
> understand the method of operation.  But I think it's great to get
> testing for this issue, and to the extent I understand the method
> it seems sensible.

I've now committed the patch.  If anyone wishes to fix bugs in this area,
just pick one of the XFAILs for the new linknamespace tests, look at the
.out file, file a bug in Bugzilla and fix it (which will probably result
in removing several XFAILs, not just one) - or test on an architecture
other than x86_64 and fix any failures not marked XFAIL (it's quite likely
there are some such architecture-specific bugs, like the x86_64 rawmemchr
one I fixed).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com