Re: building GLIBC with -fsanitize=address

On 09/23/2014 08:41 PM, Konstantin Serebryany wrote:
> FTR:
> here is the compiler wrapper script that tampers with the compiler
> flags to build
> ASan-instrumented glibc w/o changing the glibc sources:
> https://code.google.com/p/address-sanitizer/source/browse/trunk/asan-glibc/asan-glibc-gcc-wrapper.py
>
> With this I can build the full glibc (tested on 2.19 and 2.20) with
> asan instrumentation and find injected bugs.
> Now I can move further; however it would still be great if someone can
> assist me with properly patching the glibc build system to support
> asan build.

Have you been able to make progress on logging instead of faulting on
error?

We can help with glibc builds, but it would be nice to make sure that
if we were to turn it on that it won't cause the system to immediately
abort at boot time when it detects errors.

Recall our conversation at Cauldron 2014, in that ASan + glibc needs to
log errors as precisely as possible for later offline analysis by the
distribution team maintaining glibc.

Does that goal still make sense?

Cheers,
Carlos.