Re: No test summary printed after `make -k check`?

On Thu, 4 Sep 2014, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> Any idea why that might be? I know I'll have to dig into this, and
> it might in fact be a bug specific to hppa, but I'm curious to know
> your opinion.

This indicates that one of the dependencies of the toplevel tests target
failed (most likely because a test in a subdirectory failed to build; test
execution failures won't cause this unless you use
stop-on-test-failure=y).  If a dependency fails, the commands for that
target (which produce the summary) won't run.

You may wish to stop using -k now that only build failures not execution
failures will stop a test run, and so have the test run fail immediately
if a build failure does happen.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com