Re: Failures in the conform tests removed from arch-independent failure list for release.

On Thu, 4 Sep 2014, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> It's the same problem with cpio.h:

Yes, the point is that cpio.h is in posix/, which is not one of the
directories searched by conformtest.

If cpio.h were used by any source file in glibc outside of posix/, the
same issue would apply for building that source file, and would be
resolved by having a trivial wrapper in include/ - like that for tar.h,
for example.  So I think adding such a wrapper is the right solution for
cpio.h.

> I don't know why this would be radically different from whatever environment
> you're using though.

I suppose the different configure options or compilers used for
configuring mean my compiler is searching the installed headers after
those in the source tree (I have a sysroot with an installation of glibc
as well as the kernel headers) and yours isn't.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com