Re: Reverting the s390 jmp_buf/ucontext_t ABI change

Hi,

I'm the main person behind Fedora for s390x and I have some objections
regarding this change. We had to cope with the breakage in 2.19 early
this year, it took some time to realize what's wrong and we found a
solution how to make it work. After some rebootstrapping work we have
used the planned mass rebuild to clean everything. Due some nasty gcc
4.9 bugs the rebuild on s390 finishes during these days. And you are
telling we should do it again? Sorry, but it is not possible, there is
only one mass rebuild planned in Fedora per release and now it's also
too late when we are approaching Fedora 21 Alpha deadline. Fortunately I
still have the notes for the rebootstrap, so it can be done again (for
Fedora 22), but not now.

Also I don't recall this issue or the proposed solution to be discussed
with us, I guess we are also an affected party. Sorry if this sounds too
harsh, but the news I got from our glibc maintainer yesterday wasn't a
good one.

	With regards

		Dan