Re: Committing patches without review (Re: GNU C Library master sources branch master updated. glibc-2.19-812-g7ee03f0)

On 07/14/2014 07:35 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> I noticed that you committed this patch earlier today; that's not how
> we do it in glibc nowadays.  There needs to be a review and ack by at
> least another maintainer before a patch makes it in.  Some people have
> blanket commit access to parts of the repo, but even they ought to be
> posting a note on libc-alpha with the patch to notify others of the
> change.
>
> As for the change itself, it seems fine to me, but please also mention
> the fixed bug in NEWS and close the bug.

Agreed.

Even if it's just to send an email to libc-alpha with
"[COMMITTED] foo" in the subject, it's the kosher thing to do.

Although I watch the version control messages, I pay more attention
to libc-alpha@sourceware.org.

Note the bug entry in ChangeLog is normally `[BZ #xxxx]'.

Thanks for the fix :-)

Cheers,
Carlos.