Re: Don't require test wrappers to preserve environment variables

On Fri, 23 May 2014, Roland McGrath wrote:

> Any place where the environment variables on the build system matter, there
> should be a comment explicitly saying that they do and why.  If there are

There are some places where there are such comments but they are clearly
wrong.  E.g., posix/getconf.sh says

# Since we use `sort' we must make sure to use the same locale everywhere.

but that looks like it was cut-and-pasted from another test, maybe
globtest.sh - getconf.sh does not use sort.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com