Re: Remove __ASSUME_ATFCTS conditionals in sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/

On Fri, 16 May 2014, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph@codesourcery.com> writes:

> >> That file can be removed now.
> >
> > No it can't.
>
> Of course it can.  Just remove the obvious reference.

Given the presence of variants of this file in various subdirectories, I
consider it far from obvious that removing one copy plus the Makefile
reference is safe.  This patch is meant to contain only obvious changes,
and any doubt should be enough to exclude something from this patch and
leave it to be considered separately if someone wishes to propose it
separately (with proper self-contained rationale for why the further
change is desirable and safe).  (I considered including a spurious cast to
int in readlinkat so this patch would be even more conservative and not
change the code generated at all.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com