Re: [PING] Re: DNSSEC support in stub-resolver

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 04:11:05PM +0200, Petr Spacek wrote:
> ping
>
> On 30.4.2014 11:00, Petr Spacek wrote:
> >I don't think that glibc is the right place to add dependency on
> >SSH/SSL/IPSec/TSIG-CGA/any other particular "secure transport" technology.
> >
> >Also, this doesn't allow you to handle cases where admin is sure that plain IP
> >transport is secure (i.e. VM/container). Consider use case with one physical
> >machine running hundreds of containers with Apache inside...
> >
> >Reconfiguration can be handled by external tool/daemon. The daemon can detect
> >presence of trusted channel and reconfigure the list of trusted resolvers as
> >needed.
> >
> >I hope this explains the intent. Have a nice day!

I would start with simpler steps first, a huge patch for  What about adding configure
option/env variable to only trust localhost resolvers.

Then you could use iptables port forwarding when ip is trusted or ssh
etc and this could be maintained without needing to reconfigure.

Does that handle all use cases or do you have a corner case?