Re: [Patch] Fix ONE_DIRECTION undef warnings.

On Wed, 2014-04-30 at 13:42 -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> Steve, Please don't take my word for it, and if you think this entire
> exercise is stupid please say so. However, I agree with Roland that there
> is considerable value in fixing up these "macro as interface" issues to
> the point where an undefined macro is an error. Particularly when it
> comes to ABI issues that might go unnoticed like the Power 2.18 ABI
> issue around librt which was fixed by accident.

Frustrating and annoying but not stupid.  If we could get there at zero
cost I would have no issues with the direction we are going.  My main
problem is with the amount of change needed to get there and about
whether anyone was actually working on the changes.

> I agree that fixing this requires mechanical addition of defining
> ONE_DIRECTION in each converter as part of the API contract with
> using the skeleton.c file. This is core cleanup work that will bear
> fruit!

Yes, I think (hope) ONE_DIRECTION is the worst case scenario that we
have.

Steve Ellcey