Re: dlopen test breaks test suite

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Andi Kleen <andi@firstfloor.org> wrote:
>> > so it prevents me from running the test suite at all.
>>
>> I am not sure what you mean by "prevents from running test suite at
>> all". You just did run the test suite :-)
>
> I mean I cannot execute the vast majority of non broken tests,
> including the ones I'm interested in.

Are you sure about that?

Until recently, one had to run "make -k check" to execute all tests in
case of failure.

But this has recently changed, and now "make check" does not fail
until the very end, even when some tests are failing.

It look to me from your output:

Summary of test results:
      1 FAIL
   1703 PASS
    122 XFAIL
      3 XPASS

that you are in fact executing all tests, both passing and failing.
Here is my output for comparison:

FAIL: elf/ifuncmain1staticpie
FAIL: elf/ifuncmain6pie
FAIL: elf/ifuncmain7pie
FAIL: elf/tst-dlopen-aout
Summary of test results:
      4 FAIL
   1700 PASS
    122 XFAIL
      3 XPASS

I don't believe you are "not executing vast majority of non-broken tests".

In case I am missing something, either commenting out the
tst-dlopen-aout from elf/Makefile, or configuring with
--enable-hardcoded-path-in-tests, should get you going.

--
Paul Pluzhnikov