Re: Gsoc 2014 project proposal

On 02/26/2014 02:34 PM, Andrea Francesco Iuorio wrote:
> I didn' t think about it. It perfectly make sense since pthread ( and
> its internal types ) is an userspace library and so the user can
> define their own pthread functions. I' ll change my implementation
> plan to include some time to study what pthread function i' ll need
> for the project while i' m reading the C11 reference. At the moment i
> don' t know what pthread ( and functions in general ) i should need to
> create aliasies but that means that, during the first period, i should
> make a precise plan of what functions i should change in glibc ( and
> than change them )

I suggest *against* a precise plan. My strong suggestion is that you
approach this tactically e.g. one function at a time. This way should
you need to stop at any point the result is something that can be
continued easily and the partial work is not lost.

Adding the first function is the most work because it requires the
new headers, and refactoring to get the types right.

Cheers,
Carlos.