Re: Benchmark for sem_timedwait

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 09:47:51PM +0100, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
> I used a same test for sem_timedwait. Results look inconclusive for
> uncontended case and in contended case assembly is bit faster.
>
> There is again question if assembly implementation is worth it, or if it
> suffices to write only hot path in assembly and refactor a cold
> implementation to have a futex path in separate function that would be
> called from assembly.
>
> Comments on this?

Please try to use bench-skeleton.c.  I think Torvald had proposed some
patches a while back that should enable you to do this, although the
actual benchmarks to use those patches didn't make it in AFAICT.

If using bench-skeleton.c is not possible directly, I would appreciate
improvements to it to actually make it work.

Siddhesh