Re: ABI stability for AArch64 hard-float BE?

On 3 February 2014 17:14, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:
> Marcus,
>
> We list the AArch64 hard-float BE ABI in the
> official glibc ABI list here:
>
> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/ABIList
>
> Is that ABI considered stable?

Hi,

The relevant PCS and ABI documents from ARM are out of draft status.
Linux kernel support for BE landed in 3.13 which was a few weeks back,
~ Jan 20th.

The last run for glibc BE regression I ran shortly after the loader
name change for BE was clean.   However, I'm led to believe there are
issues high lighted in BE by the LTP test suite which are not present
for LE.

My biggest concern with the BE linux toolchain as whole is that it is
immature and has had limited use.  That said, with the BE loader name
now in place I am not aware of outstanding ABI issues and that it is
reasonable to assume the LP64 BE glibc ABI for aarch64 is stable.

Cheers
/Marcus