Re: Consensus summary around changing GLIBC PPC64 LE ABI default to 2.17

On 01/31/2014 07:08 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> (c) Move the ABI baseline to GLIBC_2.17.
>>
>> - This is what Red Hat and IBM propose to support 2.17-based and newer
>>   distributions in the PPC64 LE ecosystem.
>>

> Is this considered as the new policy or an exception?

I view this as an exception that is a direct result of this and other
discussions.

New ports should always aim to follow (a). It avoids all of us spending
Fridays talking about the benefits and merits of rebuilds versus symbol
porting and the risks therein.

Cheers,
Carlos.