Re: Code freeze for glibc-2.19

On 01/01/2014 12:14 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On 1 January 2014 18:21, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> There is still a few patches listed in the "Release blockers" section of
>> the wiki page [1].  It looks like the "Make TLS variables thread-safe"
>> patch needed changes and is large so can target 2.20.  The "System z"
>> patches are all architecture specific and do not add strings so I'll
>> leave that to the architecture maintainers (under the expectation they
>> are either committed very soon or not at all).
>>
>> I do not see any other outstanding issues so code freeze is in effect
>> now with the usual rules.
>
> Whoa, can I push the already acked patch:

You can push them right now.

These are bug fixes not new features.

Allan doesn't have to ACK them. Only new features like the new
signal-safe TLS accesses require an explicit ACK from Allan
before checkin.

Once the branch is released then Allan has full control over
anything going into the branch including bug fixes.

> https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-12/msg00803.html
>
> I'm away from my development box right now, so I'll be doing it
> tomorrow if you're OK with it.  I wanted to include this fix too once
> it is reviewed:
>
> https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-12/msg00804.html
>
> but I don't see it as a release blocker.

I reviewed these and they should go into master as they are bug fixes.

Cheers,
Carlos.