Re: Propose Allan McRae as 2.19 release manager, and propose end of January 2.19 release.

> On Nov 8, 2013, at 9:57 PM, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/09/2013 12:30 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>>> On 11/08/2013 08:34 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>>> Allan,
>>>
>>> Want to be the release manager for 2.19? :-)
>>>
>>> Feel free to say no.
>>>
>>> Community,
>>>
>>> Should we do away with December releases that have us all
>>> scrambling while on vacation to get a release out?
>>>
>>> How about an end of January release?
>>
>> I think the question is whether this is a real date or a target that we
>> most probably miss?
>>
>> I'm fine with a *real* January release - but then let's not slip this
>> for weeks,
>
> Isn't that's a hard call to make without a list of blockers and their
> relative priority and importance to the project?

I think the main blocker for me is getting ilp32 support in glibc 2.19.  I have posted the kernel patches but there was some issues with it due to the arm64 maintainer wanting some abi changes.  I will be posting some questions here in a few days about the glibc community thoughts about the abi which one is a good idea and why.

Thanks,
Andrew