to-do: formalize/automate tracking of files maintained elsewhere

I recently updated manual/freemanuals.texi to match the canonical GNU file.
This reminded me that we have various files of that nature, i.e. copied
into our repository from some other canonical GNU place, and no scheme for
making sure they stay up to date.  The starting place of course is to list
them all somewhere, and say something about the subject on the wiki.

We should endeavor to keep all these files up to date on the trunk.  We
could automate some reminder email.  We could make it part of the release
manager's procedure to check and update all these files on the trunk
shortly before calling the release freeze.  etc.

Karl Berry pointed me to gnulib's script:
	http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/tree/config/
But that doesn't look like it would really be useful for us.

Incomplete list of such files off the top of my head:

COPYING
COPYING.LIB
manual/fdl-1.3.texi
manual/freemanuals.texi