Re: Kill libc-ports?

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 11:26:51AM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> It is my opinion that rationale about list volume are not
> relevant to this discussion. As the glibc community we should
> listen to our maintainer requests and attempt to build a
> community that meets their needs and workflows.

List volume is relevant since that is cited as a possible problem that
is being solved.  It is easy to gain attention of arch maintainers by
using subject tags.  If maintainers wish to see those emails in a
separate mail directory then they can use email filters.

> What do we gain from merging libc-ports that we loose by
> making Joseph or Chris need to filter through more email?

It gets rid of the artificial divide between ports and mainline.

> I argue that the prime directive is violated. Chris and
> Joseph as core maintainers have expressed a desire to
> simplify the workflow and reduce their wasted time. I
> can't disagree with them. I would also like such a list
> for hppa work :-)

Fair enough.  I'm not going to pursue this since it does not affect my
workflow much - most of the architectures I have to care about are
responsive on mainline.

Siddhesh