Re: [patchv2] Fix vDSO l_name for GDB's: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error.

Jan Kratochvil <jan.kratochvil@redhat.com> writes:

> [...] I believe it is most easy for consumers to have readable link
> map in the first place.  Reading it several times attempting to
> incrementally map newly found DSOs in each consumer is ugly.

FWIW, I'm in favor of such a fix as well.  It makes the link map in a
core dump fully self-contained, which I consider a significant
improvement of this interface over "mostly self contained, except...".
The fixed interface is easier to describe and document and easier to
consume by debuggers.