Re: PowerPC LE strlen

On Tue, 2013-08-13 at 12:21 -0500, Ryan S. Arnold wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Alan Modra <amodra@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is the first of nine patches adding little-endian support to
> the
> > existing optimised string and memory functions.  I did spend some
> > time with a power7 simulator looking at cycle by cycle behaviour for
> > memchr, but most of these patches have not been run on cpu
> simulators
> > to check that we are going as fast as possible.  I'm sure PowerPC
> can
> > do better.  However, the little-endian support mostly leaves main
> > loops unchanged, so I'm banking on previous authors having done a
> > good job on big-endian..  As with most code you stare at long
> enough,
> > I found some improvements for big-endian too.
>
> I'd like Will Schmidt and Adhemerval Zanella to comment on this series
> of patches.

I've read through the rest of the set
(memset,memcpy,strchr,stpcpy,strcmp,strncmp,strlen), and don't have any
additional questions, though admit my eyes may have glazed over once or
twice.  :-)

The tweaks, adjustments, and improvements seem good. As long as they
have passed the tests, which I believe they have, I have no issues with
any of the changes.

Thanks,
-Will