Re: Lock elision test results

On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 04:15:03PM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> First I must say I'm pretty sceptic on the idea of assembling a
> micro benchmark suite for lock elision. It is unlikely to give
> you a true picture of the performance, as small programs tend to not
> model real applications well for something as complex as transactions.

It's not a benchmark suite but meant to shed light on the
performance of certain corner cases and identify areas where
performance needs or can be improved.  The current tests are
designed to find cases with poor performance on z.  If I knew more
about the tsx implementation I could try to identify cases that
show bad performance there too.

I think identifying nad understanding problematic situations is
important for a good overall performance.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--

Dominik Vogt