Re: Don't recommend specific GCC version in installation documentation

The principle is the same.  I just don't think people should have to hunt
around to figure out what the release dates of various glibc and gcc
versions were.  I think the release manager's checklist including making
one trivial commit to a macro definition based on the info on the wiki is a
tiny burden for a release manager compared to the burden on users.