Re: Add another fma test

On 06/14/2013 10:39 PM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
When I reviewed some MIPS test results after my math-tests.h addition,
I was suspicious that in one respect they looked too good: the
math/test-ldouble results showed no fma failures, despite the existing
implementations of fma requiring FE_TOWARDZERO and FE_INEXACT support
to work for the relevant types (and math-tests.h only being about
tests using particular features directly, not about what's internally
used in the implementation of a function).

This patch adds an fma test for ldbl-128 to libm-test.inc that fails
if the code needing FE_TOWARDZERO gets run in round-to-nearest instead
(such tests already are present for float and double, and I'm not
aware of any ldbl-96 systems for which such lack of exception /
rounding mode support is an issue).  Tested on MIPS64 that this does
show the desired failure in test-ldouble.out.

(Bug 13304 is the bug for defective fma functions in the absence of
FE_TOWARDZERO / FE_INEXACT support for the relevant types, and for
ldbl-128ibm.)

ok, thanks,

Andreas